Mount Gravatt Community Centre has been serving our local community for 30 years and have grown over this time to now have over 30 employees. Imagine coming to work each day, loving what you do and seeing the real impact you are having in people's lives. We embrace and celebrate diversity amongst our team and value our staff's contribution. To ensure you continue to grow in your role, we offer ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will receive competitive pay, along with the opportunity to salary sacrifice to increase your take home pay. If you are passionate about helping others, we'd love to meet you.
We also offer supervised social work student placements to undergraduates to integrate your learning. We know how important is to provide students with real life experience to develop first-hand knowledge and skills to complement your classroom based learning. We provide you with interesting and challenging opportunities to broaden your skill base and help you to kickstart your career. Opportunities will be advertised on this page.
Gardener for Lawn Mowing Services
We are looking to employ a part-time gardener for lawn mowing services.
All equipment is supplied.
You will need a great work ethic, good communication skills and you will require a police check to be completed.
If you are interested in the role please email us with the subject line Lawn Mowing Oppourtunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Queensland Ageing and Disability Services (QAADS), our mission is to empower and enhance the lives of the aging community and individuals with disabilities through exceptional, tailored care. We're driven by our commitment to delivering outstanding individual care and as a team we’re dedicated to making a meaningful impact on our community. At QAADS we foster a collaborative and inclusive culture that values compassion, innovation, and continuous improvement.
As we expand our services in Southeast Queensland, we're in search of a passionate and devoted Support Worker to join our team. This part-time role is pivotal in empowering our clients to lead fulfilling, independent lives within the comfort of their homes. Your empathetic and composed nature will shine as you provide essential domestic support, significantly improving the lives of our clients.
In this role, you'll have direct client interaction, serving as a crucial point of contact and offering compassionate support in their homes.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Support Worker to join our team. As a Support Worker, you will play a key role in empowering individuals to live rewarding and independent lives while embodying empathy, calmness, and compassion. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver support and assistance to individuals within their homes, making a significant difference in their lives through compassionate service delivery.
- Support individuals with personal care needs such as showering, grooming, and dressing, fostering independence and well-being
- Provide mobility assistance and transfers to ensure individuals' safety and comfort within their homes
- Deliver personalised meal preparation assistance and support during mealtimes
- Offer domestic assistance including household cleaning and laundry services, maintaining a comfortable living environment
- Collaborate with individuals and carers to identify meaningful activities tailored to their needs and interests
- Facilitate community engagement by supporting individuals in attending local activities and interest groups
- Maintain accurate records of client contributions, respecting clients' privacy and rights
- Deliver quality consumer-focused care, engaging and empowering clients and their carers according to agreed policies and guidelines
- Use a Wellness and Reablement approach to implement individual care plans, building on strengths to maintain independence
- Coordinate and support clients through home care programs, applying clinical expertise and a client-centred approach to achieve their goals at home
Qualifications, Experience and Selection Requirements
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care)
- Proven track record in enhancing independence and well-being, showcasing empathy and compassion
- Sound understanding of compliance frameworks within the community sector (Aged Care Act, WH&S, anti-discrimination legislation)
- Proficient in time management, adaptability, and prioritization within a client-focused setting
- Possess or willing to obtain a current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Hold a valid Queensland driver’s license
- Comfortable using smartphones/tablets or willing to learn
- Willingness to acquire or possess a national police check
- Provide two relevant references, including your current or most recent manager
How to Apply
Send your application, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your alignment with the role's requirements to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications assessed as received.
Role is paid at the relevant award level according to Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award 2010
Join us at QAADS and be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference in the lives of our community members. Your passion and expertise will contribute to our commitment to delivering exceptional, personalised care.